Sugaring (Hair Removal)
Some of the benefits of Sugaring are:
- Quicker than waxing. Since Sugaring is done by hand without sticks and strips, larger areas can be covered in a shorter period of time.
- Easier clean up. Sugar is water soluble and can be cleaned up easily, unlike traditional wax.
- Less painful. The paste is gentle and removed in the direction that hair grows. Even if reapplied over "missed" hairs, there is no worry of irritation.
- May lead to permanency. Frequent Sugaring can cause the hair follicles to shrink, causing hair to stop growing.
- Less heat. Sugar is kept warm, just above room temperature, not hot, like traditional wax.
NOTE: Hair should be at least 1/4" in order to be effectively removed
Irwyn is a graduate of both the Northern Virginia School of Therapeutic Massage and the National Massage Therapy Institute. As a motivated student of alternative health care, Irwyn has spent time working with some of the best in the industry, improving his skills and becoming a favorite among many clients. His specialties range from Acupressure and Reflexology to Detox Treatments and Sugar Scrubs. Athletic clients appreciate both his active and passive stretching exercises as these techniques have helped with their overall performance. His availability is 10:00 am - 4:00 pm every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday.
Matthew is graduate of the Northern Virginia School for Therapeutic Massage. He is both Nationally Certified and Virginia Licensed. Matthias has a passion for Alternative healing and has been complimented on both his massage techniques and positive energy. He has a wide range of specialties including Swedish, Deep Tissue, Myo-Fascial, Sports and Reflexology. He incorporates several modalities into his massage sessions, including Thai, Reiki, Shiatsu and Lymphatic Drainage. His availability is from 10:00 am - 7:00 pm every Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday.
The Clinician will begin by gently rubbing exfoliant on your back, the backs of your arms and the backs of your legs and feet . After the exfoliant is applied, you will be scrubbed using a course cloth, brush or wash cloth, depending on your sensitivity and comfort level. After the scrub, your will be rinsed, lathered with a natural oil-based soap and then rinsed again. Rinsing is typically done with bowls of water and/or shower head. Then you will turn over and the other side will be worked on. Shower scrubs are a relaxing approach to exfoliation. The various textures create a pampered feeling.